Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A scary event led us here..


I really should start from the beginning and tell Reagan's WHOLE story. But it's 4am and I haven't slept in days. I will write about her eventful 4 months very soon.

In the meantime let me briefly explain what happened that led her to be readmitted to the hospital. She turned as white as a ghost and was blue from head to toe, late Sunday night. I thought I was going to have to give her CPR at one point, but after stimulating her, her coloring returned and she seemed stable. She was lethargic and didn't want to eat. I watched her all night long afraid another event would take place. I managed to doze of at points. She slept until morning and woke up and still didn't seem herself. She was still very pale all day and seemed a bit off at times. I took her to the pediatrician and got the same speech all the other Docs at TUFTS gave "she will put grow this" "I don't like the blue spells, but as long as she recovers on her own she will be ok"... Ummmm HELLO? She turns blue!! Cause that seems TOTALLY normal! *sarcasm*

After much discussion with my husband and my RN mother we decided it wouldn't be right to risk another possible episode. Reagan's dad and I took her into Children's Hospital ER and they admitted her because they didn't feel we should have to go through what we went through last night. It's just not safe. FINALLY doctors that get it! So she is currently in the medical ICU because of her age, breathing issues, and the fact that she is on CPAP. I will try to post more as soon as possible. 

For now my precious baby is sleeping, so this tired momma is gonna try and get some ZZZzzzzZzzzzZzz's

Send Positive vibes to my Reagan Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment